View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2009
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

I honestly can't comment about the hostiles list as ever since the hosts file AW provided completely hosed my machine for a week until I figured out it was the source of the problem I've refused to use any 'protection' files from AW...I've found PG2 to be the only decent way to keep myself protected on the gnutella network...

as far as infected files I follow the wise rules of downloading only songs, videos (NOT .wmv) and pics (preferably vacation pics of exotic places like the Pacific islands, or northern Europe)....and of course I always use bitzi to verify video files...

are there other sources besides gnutella?....of course, but being real those sources are usually for files that are relatively new, gnutella many times has files that are difficult if not impossible to find in other places....

as far as torrents...well, they are OK, but are easily observable by outsiders....I prefer IRC where its pure leeching and I usually get speeds of over 200KB/s (which translates to a 750MB file in less that 45 minutes...a decent % of time I get them in 20 minutes or less!)

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This