View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

It's more to do with how often LW is being 'hit' at by same host's program over a period of time. How much I'm not sure, I'll find out.

I do have some more recent snapshots of a few people who had that happen with me. This time I had set uploads set to not auto-clear after completion. The order showed messages: Uploads Limit Reached, then Banned Greedy Client. Depends where the files are queued on the list as to what order it happens in. After Limit was reached, some of their downloads may still continue. However if there are too many files in queue at once then LW may ban them due to the amount of times that client is attempting to hit itself into an upload slot. LW bans according to how many times it's being 'hit' at by a particular client. If it's too often over a short period of time, then it will consider it a poor behaving client & ban it.

I've left the attached images inline because they are a little large.

I have between 3-4 upload slots depending on day & time of day (such as if it's during peak hours I sometimes cut back.) That should give an average of 25-35 KB/s per upload.
Attached Thumbnails
The "incomplete" folder for Limewire is HUGE-greedy-client-1.gif   The "incomplete" folder for Limewire is HUGE-greedy-client-2.gif  

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; May 25th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.