View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

In that case sounds iike the problem is your cd player. I was aware of people even several years ago playing all types of media in their car. Be it CD-R, or DVD-R/RW-audio (mp3/...) etc.

The older models or designs will be highly limited to their abilities. Especially if it is a 'brand' name. I say that because 'brand' versions tend to offer different versions/models .. with varying ability to what they can play.

I found that out with DVD players first. A reasonably cheap dvd player could play everything, dvd-rw's of all media types .. picture dvd's, SVCD's, audio dvd's, divx dvd's, etc. Where as you needed to pay four times as much for the 'brand' name to do the same but even then still limited. That's called 'Marketing'!

The person I was aware of with a very variable ability car player used Pioneer from memory. Likewise I have always preferred using Pioneer dvd burners. BTW Pioneer were the original owners of the DVD burner technology ... feel free to look it up. Some years back it cost $5-10 K per Pioneer burner. Now they cost .. as much as a handful of big macs lmao

But Pioneer dvd burners do tend to prefer particular brand storage medias for burning cds/dvds as I've noticed from reading tests done on each model over the years (& personal tests on various brands). Their performance on certain brand dvd's/cd's are considerably better than others.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; June 25th, 2009 at 03:55 PM.