View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2009
Novicius

bjay51 is flying high
Default LW5 won't connect - blocked by Motorola SBG900 wireless router settings

Hello,
I'm new to LW. Just downloaded. I can connect when using a WiFi hotspot. I can connect when I have set my WiFi router firewall settings to "None", but every other setting seems to block Limeware's ability to connect. I don't want to run with the firewall rules turned off.
I have checked out some other threads and tried some suggestions with no luck. I have tried changing the "Listening" port to various others (65000, 4268, 8945) - no luck. I did see a thread that suggested some "Port Forwarding" changes to this model router but I don't understand them and don't really want to set a static IP. As LW says in the "Really Super Advanced" menu, don't play with these settings if you don't know what you are doing. I also don't really know about firewall changes for my router.

Can anyone help with any suggestions?

The SBG900 firewall "Blocking" log implies a "Default Defense" reason for the error and says "No port filter policy has been defined for this packet and the firewall is blocking the packet by default".

Note: The Tools > Advanced Tools> Connection screen says I am behind a firewall.

My details:
LW 5.3.6.
Vista Home Premium SP2
Internet Explorer 8
Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2010
Motorola SBG900 wireless router
HP high end laptop
Bigpond Cable Broadband (up to 8MB/s) - Australia

Lastly, I am able to connect with Trend Micro turned on, including the software firewall, so TMIS does not seem to be the problem.