View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2009
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Hi bjay51,

I'm not sure about why you're seeing the WA DNS server number. I'm also not sure about why there's a problem setting up a static IP address with a cable connection

One of the mods here used to have cable with BP & I'm pretty sure that she had port forwarding set up at that time. But I'm not sure which router she was using though. I've asked her if she ever had any probs & will let you know what she says.

Go through the steps for setting up a static IP (don't have to change any settings - just need to get to the TCP/IP page!) & get to the stage where you've gone to TCP/IP > Properties. Now on the Properties page, click on Advanced.
Once the Advanced page comes up, don't click or change anything but just have a look at the Default Gateways section - is there more than one listed?

Here are a couple of links I found regarding your router & possibly similar problems. Just have a read & see if they make sense to you.
setting up a static ip for sbg900 - Cable - BigPond
uTorrent Port Forwarding Motorola SBG900 - Cable - BigPond

I don't know whether you want to try those kind of fixes. If not, try another gnutella client & see whether you can connect Check the links below.
FrostWire

Phex

BearShare