Old December 24th, 2009
Disciple

BlindAlley is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbobboy01 View Post
Hey BA

Hope you can help me as well, coz' I can't get this song out of my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFI1Zup__mI
I feel your pain, bobboy! This is a cheap rip-off of a Peter Frampton number from the mid-Seventies. I listened to it on his "Frampton Comes Alive!" album when the album was new, and I was a U.S. Army soldier stationed right on the East-West German border during the Cold War.

Even the counterfeit song kind of sticks in your head, doesn't it?

Find a copy of the entire original Frampton album, and you'll *really* be stuck with songs you can't get rid of!

P.S. There is another rip-off of this song, a "remake," making the rounds of radio stations here in the U.S.A., sung by a woman. I dislike remakes on general principle, because they don't inspire the memories that the originals do, and they reveal an artist lacking originality. I suppose the hope on the part of the "remaker" is that the generation who enjoyed the original will have died out, and the newer generation, who were babies or unconceived at the time, will accept the remake as something new. Well, whenever possible, I make it a point to make the younger listeners aware of the original so that they won't be pushed away from truly gifted artists by cheap imitators.

BA

Last edited by BlindAlley; December 24th, 2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Additional Information - added P.S.