View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2010
Apprentice

MadxMikey is flying high
Default Help me please (just in case that thread is inactive) - I think i have a virus issue

I already posted all this on the Stick thread "viruses, spyware and other nasties", but just in case no one reads that thread anymore i wanted to start a new one.

If that is considered Spam I'm sorry, Mods go ahead and do as you see fit.

Ok I think i have a virus issue.

I was using limewire (it was the latest free version) for the first time in a looong time and i accidently downloaded something i didnt want to download and didnt notice till it was too late. I deleted the file and then removed limewire (only because i didnt need it anymore).

I then started experiencing my problem. My IE would start opening ads to random ads or bing.com sometimes it was even related to what I was already browsing. I then downloaded firefox thinking if i just left IE alone nothing would happen, but then IE started opening on it's own and i noticed that loading time for pages (if they loaded) was extremely slow.

I began searching the internet for information and came up with "vundo" as being my issue. I immeadiatly used symantec's vundo remover, but it said i didnt have vundo so i ran it in safe mode just to be sure. still no "vundo"

so i began searching again and found a lot of things similar to my problem but nothing exactly like it. i tried running IE without add ons, and that made the issue less frequent but did not stop it. I downloaded the free version of AVG and did a scan that found 4 infected files and 1 warning

"C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\SystemProc\lsass.ex e (4316)";"Virus identified Packed.DelfCrypt";"Reboot is required to finish the action"
"C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\SystemProc\lsass.ex e";"Virus identified Packed.DelfCrypt";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\SystemProc\lsass.ex e";"Virus identified Packed.DelfCrypt";"Moved to Virus Vault"

"HKU\S-1-5-21-2868092215-1466753397-881608756-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run \\RTHDBPL";"Found registry key with reference to infected file C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\SystemProc\lsass.exe ";"Moved to Virus Vault"

i removed them as AVG told me to, and then opened IE, AVG then told me i had a trojan which it quarentined and i removed it. I tried opening IE once again, but the problem is STILL HAPPENING.

I am mostly computer Illiterate when it comes to virus removal, which is why i try my hardest not to get them and why i fell like an idiot for downloading that stupid file. Can Someone please help?