View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2010
Apprentice

ottopcx is flying high

Well I don't know what the experts say but I found that after checking your isp speeds online (google / yahoo speakeasy speed test) and review your actual speed capabilities...In my case I have about. .44 mps upload and roughly 1.6-ish mps download so go to tools / options / transfers tab click on settings under upload download limits...Check the boxes (limit speeds) & for upload I put 50,000 KPS (.50 mps) and for download OVER RANK it I put 500,000 kps (500mps) I believe 999,999 is Limewires limit but by over rating or selecting options like fiber optic or t-lines etc., I have been able to increase download speeds from (average) 40 kps to over 200 kps. It just seems that if you lie to the settings you can trick programs into assuming your pc can handle outlandish speeds & the results are usually higher than default / auto settings. Now speeds will vary depending on the source (of course) BUT I am now able to download most movies in about the same time it takes to watch them instead of 6-8 hours or even days...This seems to work regardless of limewire pro or basic & the technique works on other programs and download managers…Simple conversion (I’m a pc tech & still I have to stop and do the math)…1000 kilobytes =1 megabyte / 10,000 kb = 10 mb / 100,000 kb =100 mb (1000 mb =1 gb & so on)… I hope that helps, However, I would like to know what the experts here have to say on the subject as I have never collaborated with these knowledge-able forum folks, I’m curious to hear their input on this subject &/or my findings.
Streaming media is a misnomer & an oxymoron with INTENSE potential for security abuse & e-molestation...Download it you got it, it's yours / Stream or tube it then 'they got you' & you, your money & your pc are theirs...J