View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2010
Disciple

ayra is flying high
Talking Better BearShare 5.1.0b25

I've made today a Setup which includes:
  • BearShare Beta - The Main Software (unconfigured, as if it was installed with the original Installer)
  • BearShare Run Utility - A Special Utility, while Bearstart resets the System Time, so every Application will get the Wrong Time for a few Seconds, this Utility just changes the Time for bearshare not affecting other Applications. (Does not even needs administrative Rights to work)
  • Connection Cache - The newest connection Cache Files
The User does not needs to copy or change anything manually, everything is done with the Installer.
Please note that you still need to activate the "Forced Ultrapeer" in the Settings.
Download from HERE <-- I've hosted it on my Server so there is no Download limit or a wait time, the Download is SSL secured.
If you like to have the direct Link, here it is

For the Time changing Utility, refer to RunAsDate - Run a program with the specified date/time. There you'll also find the x64 Build, just replace the BearRun.exe with the x64 Version (this Fix is untested)
The Installer already contains the x86 Build of RunAsDate, if you have a 32 Bit OS, you do not need to change anything, just launch BearShare from one of the shrtcuts created.

Hope this makes your Life easier!

I've verified it with "Microsoft Security Essentials" and "Symantec endpoint protection".
The Author of RunAsDate writes: AVG Antivirus reports that RunAsDate is infected with "Trojan horse Generic 10.THK".
I am not sure if this issue is already solved.

No Files were changed and all still have the original checksum (except the connection cache which was replaced with a new one)

Tested under Windows XP and Windows 7 (both 32 Bit x86)

IMPORTANT!
Windows Vista/Windows 7 users need to do the folowing:
Right Click the Bearshare Icon on the Desktop and select Properties.
On the Compatibility Tab, select "Run as Administrator".
If you do not do this you'll have to configure Bearshare every Time it Runs

Last edited by ayra; July 12th, 2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Important Information added