View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imcallngu2 View Post
I have tried everything to get LW basic to download but it does not open stating need java runtime envrion 6 or better. I have downloaded java 32 bit & 64 bit offline rebooted, then downloaded LW off line but nothing works...if someone could plz help me. I have Win 7, oh by the way it was working perfectly up to a day ago just before I tried to upgrade. I also have manually removed both java and lw several times. I don't know what to do
It sounds like you used similar to this Reinstallation Technique. For Windows 7, you need to set both the Java & LW installers to Run as Administrator. If you didn't do that first, you can still do it after installing. Right-click the LW shortcut & choose Run as Admin. Likewise with Java.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog423 View Post
... decided to reinstall the jre as an administrator. Found the jre*.exe file, did a right click on the file, selected "Run as administrator". Installed in c:\Program Files\Java\jre6, the default folder for Java JRE 64 bit.
Also, just very temporarily disable your computer security whilst installing. This might be related to why you were unable to install the online versions.

If still issues, change LW's compatibility mode. There's many options to try, so try each one; sample image here: sample image