View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2010
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindawg11 View Post
I'm new to this forum and was hoping I could find some help here. I have been using Limewire pro for quite some time now. I mostly use it for audio downloads. But here's my issue, when I am using Limewire pro while connected to my home wifi, my search results are always very limited and usually the options it gives me are no good. However, if I am using the wifi at my job or at a friend's house, my search results on Limewire pro always find what I am looking for and the options it gives me are nearly unlimited. Is this a firewall issue or something? please help...i really appreciate it
Are you using the same version of LW at work/friends house as you're using when you connect from home?

In LW go Tools > Options > Search. Do you have the box checked to not let you download or upload files copyright owners request not to be shared? No need to check that box - we just need to know whether it's already checked within options.

Also within Tools > Options > Advanced > Performance, check the boxes to disable DHT, Ultrapeer capabilities & TLS > ok. Restart LW.

And try LOTR's advice about changing ultrapeers (hosts that you connect to in order to search).
In LW tools > advanced tools. In the Host column, you'll see UPs that you're connected to. Check in the Time column & see which ultrapeer has been connected for the longest time.
Right click on that host > Remove. That ultrapeer will be replaced by another. Now start a new search for your file.
If you don't see any improvement in results, remove the next ultrapeer. And so on...

Last edited by birdy; October 23rd, 2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Adding info