View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2011
Novicius

rottngrrl is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Desperately Seeking my LimeWire Fix... (5.5.10 won't connect)

Hi! I hope really hope that someone way smarter/and in the technological know how than I am can help me.

As was/would-be devout LimeWire user (but low-level pc operator). I was super-bummed by the shut down of LW last year. Then I looked into it again today and found that by downloading the previous 5.5.10 non-pro version, it should work. So I did - but it didn't work.

I downloaded this 5.5.10 version (did not select the update or Pro option), and now cannot connect but I am presented with the following message: Network Error LimeWire is unable to connect to the internet. It's likely that you need to update your security software to allow LimeWire to access the internet. Please see http://www.limewire.com/connect for more information. Of course the link does not work anymore.

I don't know exactly what I should say, but my 1.5 year old Dell laptops's OS is Windows 7 (64 bit) and the only antivirus program (that I know of) is MSE-Microsoft Security Essentials - I checked the suggested LW tabs, but I wasn't able to fix the problem. I get my internet thru Comcast Cable.

I'm not a cop, federal agent, nark, spy, or in any way associated with the police or government. I just miss my LW. Can you help me without me or you going to jail??

Please help. - Life without LW is definately lame.

J.