View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2011
Novicius

ThorTheGreat is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Lord Of The Rings: I 100% agree with you...please read what I wrote in the "WARNING-FrostWire 5.0.7 is Out!" thread on here...

The makers of frostwire lied to us all along this ENTIRE time for the past year or so...first the spammers tried to sc*** us...after that limewire did teh same thing...and now frostwire is following the same path...

Everything they say is B.S...this WILL kill gnutella and what the tens of millions of us built over what...almsot ten years now I guess...they KNEW all along what their plan was...first they made frostwire search torrent ONLY by default...then in a later version they turned off file sharing by default (think about that for a min...less legit files = MORE spam!)...and then...of course the final blow...went torrent only...

Get this...they even kept the "gnutella" part of their description on sites like CNET up until recently...so for 2-3 weeks now the new verison is out...they were DIRECTLY liing to peope...although I guess CNET caught on...they've PULLED the CNET review...somethign taht's been on CNET ever since I can remember...YEARS (I know because I get nmost of my software things off cnet and found frostewire on cnet after limewire went bye bye)...

We CAN get past the spam...msot of us did...so saying "we went torrent because of the spam"...that's complete BS...makes me wonder if they were even HELPING the spammers all this time..think about it...even indirectly they WERE helping the spammers...the makers of frostwire turned OFF file sharing by default in recent versions of frostwire V4...well that means LESS legit files and even MORE spam...everything they did made spam WORSE and NOT better...prob in an attempt to make an excuse as to why to move to torrent only...

And here's the kicker...what do you think happend now that they've moved people to V5? Which by the way most people uninstall...read the forusm...prob is that msot pople don't KNOW about the forums so once they upgrade they don't know how to get V4 of frostwire back...there goes another FW user and all their files! So the kicker...there's even MORE spam now and LESS legit files...makes sense to me, right?

One of the biggest questions I asked is (and they avoided answereing of course):
"Why EXACTLY was gnutella support removed? It can't be because of the spam as per above. gnutella support is what frostwire PROMISED to all of us...the continuation of limewire...a fork of limewire...if people were told otherwise they woudl NOT have been using frostiwre or switched to frostwire...look at how many people are leaving frostwire now. FrostWire ALWAYS had gnutella support built in as the MAIN thing...so why not give the USERS the CHOICE of what they want to search rather than FORCING them to search only ONE network that's cr** for music compared to gnutella? Again, that's the BIGGEST question. Why not leave frostwire the way it was for AGES with support for BOTH torrent and gnutella? and pleae don't say "we couldn't have both torrent and gnutella in at the same time" because you had it like that for YEARS without any issues. in fact if ANYTHING...ALL of us have even said...if you had a chocie of only ONE network to conntinue with it shoudl be GNUTELLA and NOT torrent...like MANy have said...utorrent, bittorrent=torrent, frostwire=gnutella"

Anyway, PLEASE read my other psot...very important informaton and quetions that the frostwire makers can't avoid....it's tiem to revolt...againts the spammers...against limewire (which we were SUPOSSED to do by moving to frostwire...so much for that thanks to them)...and now agaisnt frostiwre...

They LIED to everyone...and now they're going to kill something that BELONGS TO US...NOT TO THEM...

Spread the word everyone...on Facebook and other social media if you can...tel your friends...tell everyone you know that has frostwire...and go on the frostwire forums...fill up the forums with how you feel...if you don't like V5 and the new direction...start a thread or reply...let them know...post it on here...find other blogs and forums...spread the word everywhere...

Don't let them get away with this...if enough of we speak out...don't use v5...and everyone keeps letting them know how we feel then maybe...we can keep this thing alive and well...and get them to put back what BELONGS to us...NOT to them