View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2012
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Hi LOTR

You said:
Quote:
China's censorship is coming to the USA with the Government, RIAA, MPAA, etc. involved with them wanting to remove people's internet freedoms.
Well, this is something I have been saying for years and that is our freedom loving democracies are looking for ways to muzzle our freedoms and use whatever excuse they can find to spy on us.

I honestly believe that our governments envy China's control over their own people and will continue to cook up any reason they can to introduce such controls.

If the US manages to introduce SOPA and PIPA then how long afterwards will it take before the rest of our western governments introduce their own Chinese-like Internet restriction?

Finally, I guess that now is the time for governments to force through restrictive legislation because, unlike Australia, the rest of us are worried about the continuing rise in unemployment, restricted/fixed incomes, job insecurity, rising winter fuel bills and other day to day problems. Therefore, people can be can be forgiven for taking their eye off the "freedom ball" while being weighed down by life's problems.

As a side note, I find it totally incredulous that Rupert Murdoch should complain when SOPA has been stopped/delayed when his "News Corporation" organisation in the UK ran illegal phone and email hacking operations on an industrial scale. And not only that, he had the political establishment and Met Police force running so scared that they let him get away with it for good number of years.

Murdoch is certainly a believer in "no law for him" and laws to keep the rest of us in line.

UK Bob

Last edited by ukbobboy01; January 21st, 2012 at 11:36 PM.