View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2012
Disciple

smaragdus is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Hi there,

I am not a regular Gnutella networks user, from time to time I used ShareAza but since it had severe problems hashing big external hard drives (1GB), I decided to switch to Gnucleus although I knew it had been an abandonware for quite a long time (I simply liked its clean interface). I installed Gnucleus version 2.2.0.0 but it could not connect. Then I searched this forum, found FileGirl71's Gnucleus 2 Connect Cache Feb 2012.zip, downloaded and isntalled it, but to no avail, Gnucleus 2.2.0.0 still could not connect. Then I downloaded gnutella.net, renamed it to gnucache.net and substituted the original file (although Lord of the Rings has warned that this works only for version 1.8 of Gnucleus). Gnucleus finally managed to connect but connection seems very shaky and thin. Below I will add a screen-shot link for its connections:

http://i43.tinypic.com/xgckr8.png

Is this a normal connection for Gnucleus? Is there a way to make Gnucleus work properly or its support for Gnutella networks is terribly outdated?

Please excuse me for my ignorance. I will appreciate any kind of advice and tips.

By the way Gnucleus's built-in browser does not work for me either.

One last question- should I uninstall Gnucleus before I install FileGirl71's special build or it can be installed upon the original Gnucleus?

Thanks in advance.