View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2012
Enthusiast

awb555 has a spectacular aura about
Default Windows 7 guide to fix date change

First and foremost ALL CREDIT goes to the original creators. I just put the puzzle together!!
MY GUIDE for Bearshare to work on Window 7. Date change fix!!
I’VE ONLY TESTED ON WINDOWS 7 32BIT, EVERYTING MUST RUN UNDER ADMIN AND XP SERVICE PACK 2!, INCLUDING INSTALLERS!!

Windows 7 guide to fix date change-run-.png

Date and time change has been fixed by using 3 different programs I’ve found on the forums that weren’t made at the same time. Yet they work beautifully together.

Do a clean uninstall of any old Bearshare!

Unzip steps 1, 2, and, 3 to desktop

STEP 1: BSTEST 5.1 Beta (Vista and Win7).zip INSTALL UNDER ADMIN AND XP SERVICE PACK 2!
Don’t launch Bearshare at the end of the installer. Don’t run Step 2 if bearshare is running!!

STEP 2: BearShare 5.1 Beta ConnectFix April 2012.zip INSTALL UNDER ADMIN AND XP SERVICE PACK 2!

STEP 3: Download RunAsDate or Download RunAsDate for x64
Windows 7 guide to fix date change-date.png

INSTALL UNDER and RUN AS ADMIN & XP SERVICE PACK 2.

(again I ONLY TESTED ON WINDOWS 7 32BIT)

STEP 4: While in date changer, create new shortcut, running it as ADMIN/XP SERVICE PACK 2.

Windows 7 guide to fix date change-bs-date-time.png
Windows 7 guide to fix date change-bs-shortcut.jpg

Setting the right date (this will not change your actual date and time on your computer). Think of it as a time emulator for Bearshare.

STEP 5: Launch program via new shortcut. In order to start using, . I suggest searching for something immediately upon program launch. It helped me for instant success! must wait til a number appears in lower right hand corner. It will have a green globe symbol in front of the number before downloading.
Windows 7 guide to fix date change-globe.png
if it doesn't connect try restarting your PC. if it STILL doesn't connect, restart your PC and repeat STEP 2

The credit goes to: Lord of the Rings, File_Girl71, and ayra
Forums that helped in making this my guide:
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/open-d...-5-1-0b25.html
and
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/host-c...installer.html

Last edited by awb555; April 4th, 2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: adding a tips