View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2012
Enthusiast

brianko722 is flying high

Does the shortcut to the LW jar file open & run LPE 5.6.2 (execute it) when having Java 7/FX installed too? Also, for the above-referenced Java v.1.7, what version is that? Is it the newest from Oracle - Java 7/FX - or some older version? I'm not as technical as some of you, so I need things spelled out in layman's terms.

The last "fix" for the LPE vs. Java 7/FX problem I read was to install LW v.4.18.8 and then install Java 7/FX, and they'll run OK together. For Windows XP machines like mine, specifically, LPE 5.6.2 can run with ONLY Java 6, Update 33 installed (Java 7/FX must be uninstalled). So, to have the latest Java version on my PC, I installed LW v.4.18.8. I have some questions about the options in LW 4.18.8: (1) Under Tools > Options > Filters > Keywords > Filter Result Types: There are checkboxes for "Ignore Adult Content", "Ignore .htm/.html Files", "Ignore .vbs Files", and "Ignore .wmv/.asf files." Should all of these items be checked so that LW's search filter will NOT filter them out of any search results, or, does checking any one of them mean the LW search filter WILL filter each checked file type OUT of your search results (i.e., it will block them from appearing)? (2) Also, should OOB (Out Of Band) searching be unchecked since LW says some internet connections will not work as well using it, even though search results are supposed to come in faster? (3) Lastly, when searching using v.4.18.8, I'm getting far fewer search results than I did using LPE v.5.6.2 (dozens as opposed to hundreds). LW 4.18.8 shows it's completely connected to the internet - what is the issue here?

Thanks for your help.