View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I answered your similar question here http://www.gnutellaforums.com/gettin...asier-way.html yesterday.

Unfortunately things have changed with upload sites. Things are not as easy as in years past. And the only alternative would be if someone hosted these files.

I am not going to be around forever and once I go, the files I've hosted will vanish also due to not logging into those sites every few months. Be nice if there was some kind of assistance and or alternatives.

Edit: I did have File_Girl's LPE hosted at MediaFire but it was removed in December because they claimed it failed their DMCA rules and someone had complained in the first place. My appeals over January that it was open-source software and did not fall under DMCA failed. It is arguably true it does not fall under the standard DMCA but it obviously failed for 'other' reasons of pressure the MediaFire site was under which they did not disclose to me.

If anybody has installed LimeWire Pirate Edition on Linux or OSX, the installer shows the version as being LimeWire Basic, which is what MetaPirate said in the beginning it was, just modified. But what was said in the media was different, probably to bend a few brain cells with the intention of stepping on certain toes. (Need a headache pill?)
I suppose you believe everything you read in the media right.