View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default Windows LimeStart

For anybody interested, I've created a Windows LimeStart. Details here http://www.gnutellaforums.com/window...insurance.html. This is an advancement on the LW-Java fix, http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...tml#post368755

LimeStart for Windows has two functions: (1) prevents LW deleting the connection file if not used in 30 or more days. (2) Overrides the LW launch problem with Java 7.

If you previously installed the LW5 or LPE Java7 Shortcuts Fix and wish to use LimeStart instead, then you will first need to uninstall them using the Add/Remove Control Panel before installing LimeStart. Also if at any point in time you wish to uninstall LW you will need to remove LimeStart first. Sorry but that's just how Windows is, fussy and shortsighted.

The LimeStart installer will install Shortcuts replacing the original LW shortcuts and link them instead to the LimeStart program.

The LimeStart installer is hosted at a few locations but on its own here, and can be found where the forum hosts the other LPE and LW5 versions. All LPE and LW 5 versions hosted via the forum are now packaged with the . LW 5 + LPE - LimeStart + Java Fix setup.

Edit 4 June 2013: Probably my last version, I've now set LimeStart to install into its own program folder. It was not necessary for it to be installed into the LW folder. This should also make it easier to uninstall LW and its settings should you wish to at any point. Whilst the LW uninstaller might complain a little, it will probably only be because the original shortcuts were removed.

Windows Requirements for LimeStart:

Minimum System: Windows 95
Maximum allowable CPU: 320 THz
Maximum allowable RAM: 1024 TB
Minimum Monitor size: 0.20 inches (0.5 cm)
Minimum seat size: Stand instead