View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default LimeStart for Linux

I've created a simple script for Linux to do what LimeStart does on MacOSX; ie: adjust the connection file's date then launch LW. I don't know how good this script is for all linuxes but does use the shell script as basic as this script is. Any improvements I'm sure experienced linux users could make themselves. And even better if you could send your improved versions here. The way this one works is it launches the runLime.sh file. I'm not sure about terminal users of LW though. My script is intended for the gui operation.

I have uploaded a file called linux_lwSettings_Connect_LimeStart.tar.gz which includes all needed for first time installation of any LW 5 or LPE for Linux with spam search filter, terminal choices for hostiles to install, message to inform of your choice and when installation is finished. Added a LW 4 equivalent (LW4 settings are a little different and does not need LimeStart.). This can be downloaded from any of the LW Linux folders or LPE folders hosted by the forum. A single sh script to install everything is included. But can also be downloaded here.
LimeStart can arguably be located anywhere on your system. Though I suspect LW linux users have already created their own equivalents.

I'm at kindergarten with linux so please forgive my naivety. (This is about my 4th day on linux.) (I gave up on the launching of the jar file option, too difficult for me.)

I corrected a mistake I made before now for the hostiles files for linux, did not realise the capital H would prevent it working. I re-uploaded those files.

For just the Linux LimeStart alone, here. Desktop, anywhere to place it within your permissible zones it should work. If not, let me know or the fixes required. Since I was unable to install the LW deb package I can not check LimeStart works as intended with the program directories. Ubuntu does not have any program folder per se.
To speed startup, you may wish to change the 'find' command to 'locate' if you have run LW in a previous boot session, or even replace with the direct location of the runLime.sh file and a launch command. But keep in mind LW is one of the slowest java applications on earth to open anyway lol.

Any feedback on LimeStart for Linux would be greatly appreciated.

I think I have done all I can now in general. Heads off over the hills and far away.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; May 16th, 2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: updated comments. LW4 settings equivalent.