View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default "Done but unable to scan for viruses" - a Windows only issue

Just discovered an answer to a problem I've had for a few months now. 'Unable to scan for viruses' after finishing downloading a file. This issue also seemed to affect transferring music files to iTunes.

The answer is here http://www.gnutellaforums.com/genera...n-viruses.html. This only affects Windows users of LPE. You can use NotePad or WordPad to open and save the props file with.

I will re-upload the LPE & LW5.5 installers to include this instruction in the props file that's installed if you install the security packages. I did not suffer this issue on Windows 8 (but since discovered the AVG bundle is not supported on Win 8 anyway), but is intended as an extra precautionary step against the possibility of this issue occurring to anybody else. Edit: I only changed the File_Girl LPE props file so far because those using Metapirate's LPE may wish to keep the AV active. But as far as we know, it is no longer possible to download the avg virus definitions (since about Jan/Feb 2011.)