View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I have no idea what's happening there. Perhaps someone has repackaged/reworked the LPE version. After all it is 'open-source'. Seems WinMX free is maybe put together by different persons. If I can find a copy I might add it to the Clone connection installer.

Specifically the WinMX Music version I've tested 4.9.8 is a LW 4 clone. Snapshots show the startup screen & then the main interface with the About window sitting in the middle. There's no reference to OrangeWire. Also I've been connected to other WinMX Music versions previoiusly.

General information about LimeWire clone versions-winmx-music-start-screen.png . . General information about LimeWire clone versions-winmx-music-interface-about.png

As an off-topic, I haven't been using the network much for many months so will probably update the connection lists for all the gnutella clients late December. Recent tests showed the connection lists still work.