View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2014
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default Ultrapeer Expiry date

Something else you can keep in mind. BearShare has an expiry date for connecting immediately as an ultrapeer. If you have not used BS for 28 days or longer, I'd recommend opening the program for just 15-30 seconds & then closing, then re-opening. This will refresh the expiry date on becoming an ultrapeer. Recheck the Freepeers file as File_Girl noted to be sure you are still set to become an ultrapeer before re-opening BS (the expiry period if surpassed will change these settings if BS is not closed fast enough.)
This especially applies to the BS 5.1 beta but also applies to other BS versions in regards to the expiry date.
Alternatively, change the expiry date to zero.
Code:
[HostLogic]
modeAutoConnect = Yes ; Automatically establish connections
modeAccept = Yes ; Accept incoming connections
m_bEverUltrapeerCapable = Yes ; Has client ever been an Ultrapeer
m_everUPExpire = 0 ; EverUltrapeer expiration date
The expiry set to zero will only have an effect on the first opening.
The BS community needs as many fellow BS ultrapeers as they can get. And preferably peers that are not firewalled. You can check by hovering your mouse cursor over the far top-right indicator (as shown in the two images of this connection installer post.)

The expiry is 28 days.

Edit 22 Feb: My BS crashed 4 days ago on XP. Next opening saw this in BS Console, which is what this post refers to (do not add the following details to the file!):

Set m_bEverUltrapeerCapable=false because old value expired

m_bSessionUltrapeerCapable == false
m_bUltrapeerMachineRequirements == true
m_bEverUltrapeerCapable == false
bHostLimitsUPCapable == true

Listener is not firewalled, and BearShare detects MS ICF firewall software running.

In this case I still connected as an ultrapeer however.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; February 21st, 2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Added detail