View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2014
Devotee

GeX is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Thanks. I have deleted the bootstrap file to no avail. The issues remain both at 32- and 64-bit modes.

Yes, WireShare 5.6.4.1 is not opening properly in any case so far: the pesky window shows all the time and reproduces itself when manually closed (WireShare has encountered an internal error), and WireShare never connects.

I get the same issues with the WireShare copy that you indicate on your message (link), again, both at 32- and 64-bit modes. And both with and without the bootstrap file (which I also found inside that copy of your link after the application had been open and closed several times).

Curiously, the bootstrap file is not present in the WireShare of the iMac (where it works and connects in one minute as said before). So, maybe the issues on the Mac mini have something to do with the presence of the bootstrap file even after opening and quitting the application several times. Although, as said, the issues remain after manually removing the bootstrap file.

WireShare 5.6.4.1 is the only version that I have tested so far. Previously I used different versions of LimeWire:

LimeWire Pro 4.12.11 to LimeWire Pro 4.18.8
Limewire Pro 5.1.2 to LimeWire Pro 5.5.16
LimeWire Pirated Edition 5.6.2

That is on the Mac mini. On the iMac (where WireShare works) I have LimeWire Pro 4.0.8 which is very old.

And as said before, at some point (months or years ago) LimeWire stopped connecting. I think that the problem arose then for some reason and has been maintained until today with both LimeWire and WireShare (in the latter case, with the pesky error screen as well).

So, I am stuck with WireShare on the Mac mini. Really weird.

Last edited by GeX; August 24th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.