Thread: Transfer window
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2015
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I'm not experienced enough with using FW for torrents.
I opened FW 4.21, did a torrent search, received 3 results. When I double-clicked one of the results, the torrent site opened. But, the torrent automatically started downloading anyway.

Transfer window-fw-torrent-search-results.png (Torrent search results) . . . . Transfer window-torrent-site-downld-options.png (Opened Torrent site options)

Transfer window-fw-torrent-download.png (Torrent downloading) . . . . Click image for larger version

Name:	Torrent-Site-downld-options.png
Views:	339
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	6819 Transfer window-fw-torrent-download-complete.png (Torrent seeding)

In your case, the download is failing for some reason.
In your FrostWire downloads folder should be a torrent folder. Do you see .tor or .torrent files inside? (File extensions might be set to be hidden on your OS.)
If yes and if FW is the default for torrents you could potentially double-click the torrent file to try to get FW restarting the torrent.

Are you seeing a brick wall on your FrostWire?
The connection icon to the far left is of no relevance to torrents, only for connecting to the gnutella network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66 View Post
My frostwire 4.21.8 wont connect to the internet ,; what is the most likely reason for that ;
my java is 1 .8 . 0_31 .
Hi runt66 You should have opened a new thread topic for your problem. I know you have experience with several LW-4 clones and you appear to have firewalling issues with them. I suspect you have an old router which either does not support UPnP or it's implementation is not fully compatible. I have an old router and although UPnP works, it's unreliable and after two days of running as an ultrapeer UPnP appears to fail. Since port forwarding the problem disappeared. I would recommend port forwarding for FrostWire using a different port to any other program you use. Also, did you try the FrostWire connectFix installer?