View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

That's good to hear you at least found a version to work for you. I'm not sure why this would be the case. However on Windows there has been a (LimeWire) history of something like this happening where one version works better than another.

The only thing that is not working properly is either your UPnP or port forwarding or you have not given a Windows firewall exception, however this rule should already exist from your previous version. "You are behind a firewall and support firewall transfers." You will get better search and overall performance if you can instead get it to be like mine "You are not behind a firewall"; your WireShare would be able to join the DHT for superior searches and communicate via UDP which is where most communication between programs happens. 70% dropped messages via your connected ultrapeers is notably high. There will also be some other firewalled hosts you will not be successful for downloading from when your WireShare is firewalled.

I suspect your port forwarding might have an error somewhere. Does the port forwarded match with WireShare's connection port? Did you set up a static ip address? Did you set the port forward rule to your computer and not accidentally set it to another device on your LAN? (I've made this error a few times, mainly because my multiple Windows & Linux have obscure ID's)