View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2019
WireShare Developer

BigJx is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys, I’m sorry I’ve not been available to help with this issue before now but let’s see if we can get a fix to this issue.

First, I don’t believe there were any changes to the connection code in v5.6.6 (a browse of the commits should confirm this) and the only change was the integration of the Security Level selection and the ability to auto-update the hostile hosts file (Thanks to LOTR for maintaining that feature and doing an outstanding job!).

Next, since v5.6.5 does not have the security auto-update feature and the hostile hosts file is installed from static files within the installer at install time. The issue may be with one of the updated hostile host files. I have seen connection issues happen if the hostiles file had a typo in it or corrupted data. This would also explain why some have the issue and some don’t. To test this, with v5.6.6 installed, try selecting “None” in the Security Level selection and restart WireShare and see if it will connect. If it does connect then try each Security Level to see which one has the issue and post the results here so we can investigate it.

Other than that, I have no clue what could be the issue.

BigJx