View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatinb View Post
Implemented in 0.4.16
Thanks and well done!

I think it's a bit early to ask at this point but it would be nice if there were view options for shared files. With long directory paths it can be difficult to see the specific file names.

1. How important is firewalling in both i2p and with Muwire?

I'm not sure how much relevance UDP has with i2p since afaik i2p is mostly tcp based.

I've noticed Muwire does not prompt to be added to the OSX firewall exceptions. I needed to add it. If this level of firewalling was important I guess you would build-in a prompting for Muwire to be added to the firewall exceptions. (Not sure it makes a difference but I guess there might also be the issue of different firewall variations OSX has developed.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
4. ... I setup port forwarding after a short period of time. ...
I realised I had inadvertently setup a pf rule using the wrong setting; there's 20+ devices, accounts or os's to select from. After discovering MW status was firewalled.

I needed to restart MW for the changes to be reflected in the MW firewall status.
MuWire - an anonymous P2P app-muwire-firewall-status-ok.png

2. How often does MW check the firewalling status?
LW used to check the status on a frequent note at least early in the session.

3. Search extra hop - does this put extra strain on the network? I'm guessing this is a very rough equivalent of OOB?
Or a cheeky pushing of the protocol.

4. Are id3 or equivalent tags used in any way in regards to advertising files?
From what I can ascertain from your earlier answer, only the literal filenames are used.