View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Thanks for your answers.

Is there a how to or other descriptive page for how to use Muwire?
What is a Watched Directory? I forgot to ask about this. I notice you made some changes to this some hours ago in the code. I setup two watched directories but not sure what they actually do.
I inititially thought a watched directory might detail search hits or upload counts, etc.

I had hoped you might have descriptive contextual menus that describe what a particular tool does when you hover your cursor overtop the tool button. I realise this kind of concept might require a lot of work to add. From memory LW 4 used to have this ability and LW 5 had it to a lesser extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatinb View Post
... See this GitHub ticket for a discussion on the issue https://github.com/zlatinb/muwire/issues/6 ...
Yes that does describe it well, particularly the last comments.

Looks like the OP/TS might be wanting the equivalent of what LW 5 had for private sharing between friends. Though the way LW 5 achieved it might become redundant in years to come such as linking with gmail. I cannot remember the specifics, just what gmail will be accepting in the future. I think there might be a guest comment about this at WSHR’s SF.