View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2019
Enthusiast

zlatinb is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post

The bandwidth setting is not super clear. It is not clear whether inbound and outband bandwidth is to do with overheads or uploads and downloads or a combination. Either way it seems a little odd that a restart is required after changing the bandwidth settings (unless it is inclusive of overheads.)

The bandwidth setting is the total bandwidth that the application is allowed to consume, including any I2P overhead. Because I2P encrypts and adds padding sometimes, the effective speed of a file transfer will be lower than what is in the setting.

I will look into making it possible to change the bandwidth setting without a restart.

Quote:
Also upload slot control. What happens if 400 people suddenly wanted to download from me?
I will look into adding that too.

Quote:
I would also like to eventually see the ability (option) to retain upload listings rather than the default of removing their listing once completed.
That is very easy to do, but I'm concerned that the uploads table will fill up very quickly. Pieces are pretty small and you would have a separate row for each piece of a file you've uploaded.

Quote:

Also the Library does not list what files might have been uploaded or search hits in either Tree or Table mode.
I'll look into adding that too, it will be in the Table mode.

Quote:

I'm a little confused about finding two Muwire (same version) downloads in the Download window. Is this some kind of network distribution for updates? But why two?
Yes, those are the in-network updates, but there shouldn't have been two of the same file. It's probably a bug.