View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
I can't open it.
I've tried opening on an alternative OSX 10.11, 10.8 and 10.6 and at least one of those does not have apple's java. All fail to open. The highest java version I have is 8.

It's an instant startup fail which leads me to think you might have forgotten to change something.

I suspect you might have forgotten to change a reference. Perhaps renaming the name (or version) of the launching app. Although the plist file looks ok. CFBundleShortVersionString 0.01 I don't know if that's correct? Or perhaps forgotten to change the internal java version reference (though I see there's a reference to 13 in the jre folder)?

Generally most of what you have allocated into the MacOS starter folder usually goes into the Resources folder of the package so it's a new approach to me. Might help explain why the plist file is relatively small.

But a PkgInfo file appears to be missing that would normally be alongside the plist file for most apps. First time I've looked at the contents so I cannot compare with a previous version. However I think I saw a reference in the plist file that would normally be in the pkginfo file.

There appears to be a lot of references to mail within the app. Does that mean the dev(s) are monitoring everyone's MW (and system)?