View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2019
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyPlayerONE View Post
Set Strong security Full J/B
Suggestions?
Also, do users actually chat in WS? If so, please suggest best way to connect
Hi ReadyPlayerONE. Not totally sure what your question is. I personally don't believe Strong security is necessary, Light is fine and not blocking out Japanese hosts. Reason is WireShare already has built-in support to block out the spam-BOTs and a percentage of the Strong security is arguably out-dated. The Light security already blocks out the remainder hostiles. I had requested big-jx to remove the Japanese blocks two to three years ago as I don't believe it is needed and simply reduces the speed of connecting and retaining persistent connections. Just my personal opinion. I am the person who processes the security updates.

In regards to best connection practices:
1. try to ensure your WireShare is not firewalled. This is probably 'the' most important thing. Being firewalled greatly slows connecting. It also means your WireShare cannot join the DHT for both speedy connecting and making use of the DHT extra search abilities. DHT connections are generally super fast. Also some ultrapeer programs will only allow a percentage of connections to firewalled hosts thus meaning a firewalled host will be competing with other firewalled hosts for a connection slot. To check if your WireShare is firewalled or not, go the the WireShare menu bar and choose Tools > Advanced Tools, then top-left of the window that opens will display what your firewall status is.

2. try to extend your connection periods for as long as possible. If your WireShare is not firewalled and has a high average uptime then your WireShare will inevitably become an ultrapeer and hosts will give preference to connecting to ultrapeers with the greatest average uptime since it suggests there's a greater chance your WireShare will be available when they attempt to connect.

The private chat, referred to as Friends in WireShare works but only if you are not firewalled. You need to know the contact details of someone else on the network to be able to utilize it. Private sharing means you can share directly with persons you know and also chat with them in real-time as in text-chat.

After re-reading your post I realise your question appears to be more about the chat feature? (sorry I'm half-asleep)