View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2002
Unregistered

Wink If it is any comfort...

... I will personally switch from Morpheus to Gnucleus after reading this thread.

Just installed Gnucleus, and will pull the plug on Morpheus when my current downloads are done.

I think the problem is twofold:

1. I consider myself pretty computer literate, but didn't bother much about the tech. behind Morpheus when they switched to the gnutella network. I really like to use open source software when I can, but wanting a familiar interface, I chose Morpheus, unaware that the tech. was based on superior open source code. Had I known this, and that I wouldn't have to get those annoying ad-popups, I would NEVER have chosen Morpheus. What is needed is more publicity about the Gnucleus client and the fact that it is ad-free! :-)

2. I didn't know Morpheus was causing trouble for others. This would have made me look for another client earlier, BUT I think if people find that they can get Morpheus functionality without ads, they'll be happy to switch, even when unaware of the problems other face with Morpheus. :-)

So, start spreading the happy (old) news: "Get Morpheus Functionality Without Annoying Ads by Choosing the Original!"

I'll personally make an effort (by sending this info to my pal who is a web news service editor here in Norway), and hope everyone else can spread it as well... :-)

How about sharing properly titled Internet Shourtcuts to the Gnucleus download on the gnutella network?