View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2002
Connoisseur

bobomon is flying high
Default Re: Limewire 2.5.5 Pro disappointing at best

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I paid the $10 to get Limewire 2.5.5 Pro downloaded it and wished I hadn't. Everytime I open limewire it rehashes my main share folder which has over 600 files in it. This is slowing the app way down. Then I find that I can only share one folder. Either the default shared foler or my folder with all the files I have previously downloaded. Each time I go to options and add a folder the previous one diappears. I have tried setting up a new save folder and sharing that, same results one folder displays the other disappears.
I was much happier before I got 2.5.5 Pro
Any help on the subject would be great
I am a long time Limewire user (Windows 2000) and have not experienced your problem. I am flying blind here but you wouldn't be changing the "Saving" directory as opposed to the "Shared" Directories...? The only other thing that comes to mind is that Limewire does add any sub-directories that exist so... if you are trying to add a sub-directory when you already have the parent direcotry listed it would likely supplant the existing parent directory... thus the problem you appear to be having. That might also explain the re-hashing.