View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2002
Unregistered

i'm in the process of reworking a lot of the code behind the tables shown in the gui. part of that includes a common way to hide/add columns, remember which ones are displaying, and order & size them correctly.

right now, only the search results do this.

i'm also playing around with an idea i think philippe mentioned first [on the gui mailing list] of making the download window include expandable trees (like the search window), so you can see the individual connections that are downloading in a swarmed download (the ones that say download from 2+ hosts). but, this is last on the list, since it'd require everything else to be working first.

once the ability to choose your columns specifically is added, it'd be nice to add a whole bunch of other column specifiers, so that people can pick exactly what they'd like to see. (like a 'chat-enabled' style browse-host indicator... and queue information in the future, etc...)

granted -- i'm doing this all as an open-sourcer, and am a full-time student, so my time is down a bit. if school hadn't started, i'd be finished this already.

sam