View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2002
Unregistered

Exclamation updating iTunes lost my limewire files

I was sharing my iTunes folder. For some reason, once this was being shared, all the new songs i downloaded turned up in that folder, even though they weren't going into my iTunes itself, as I had hoped. I didn't do anything about it, just had two separate folders of completed songs. Then I updated my iTunes, which my mac does periodically as better systems become available. Now, my iTunes are no longer being shared and all the songs I downloaded in that file disappeared. I can't find them anywhere on my hardrive, even iTunes itself (where they never were anyway) except the incomplete files. When I tried to share my iTunes again, the file turns up in my limewire, but none of the songs are there, not even the ones in iTunes, which last time were added to my number of shared files. Needless to say I would like these missing files back. Has this happened to anyone? How can I find my files?

I am also disturbed that the limewire page covers up any other pages open at the time, and when I try to change sizes of other pages, it covers parts of them and cuts rectangles out of the page I'm working on.