Thread: Limewire 2.8.5
View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2003
Novicius

MCFINGERMAN is flying high
Question Limewire 2.8.5

I have a few comments and issues about version 2.8.5. First off I feel that I have more success with this program more often than any other file sharing program. Recently though problems have caused me to investigate other options. I am currently using Aqusition. Both have their pros and cons. I would like to use Limewire more often but it is so frustrating sometimes.

Limewire Issues -
First and most frustating of all, it hogs all the memory on my computer unless I hide it.(This makes copying the bug information hell and not worth it.)

It constanly quits unexpectedly, even when I am not transfering files.

Pop up alerts show blank until I run the mouse over certain areas of the box.(This seems to have gotten better with this version.

I don't think it needs CHAT. You can barely use it as is.

This being said, it is a good program for the money. I would be willing to pay more for PRO, IF it worked well.

I have used aquisition a few times recently, and there are a few benefits it has that I wish Limewire had.

It allows me to use other programs easily with out hiding it. YES! I like that.

Aquisition shows which hosts are offline line, rather than just showing me that the connections is sending and inquiry of the host. ( Maybe indicate which host are online in the search menu for Limewire.)

I feel that Aquistion is still lacking but the memory issue of Limewire is enough to make me use Aquistion more often.

Thanks