View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

Hi Sam. You're right. I just did the usual drag to Application Folder from the jum .dmg. Since I was surprised by the dialog asking about language, I'm not certain exactly when I saw it. I think it was right after the drag.

Nothing bad happened with the official installer that I noticed, except the contents of the jum Limewire were modified.

Perhaps the officail installer shouldn't fire up the OSX installer immediately, but wait for the user to double-click the package. Safari mounts the .dmg (good) and immediately asks for the admin pw, which is a bit disconcerting when browsing through a bunch of other windows.

btw--the dl from the LW page is a fast 90KB/s, even though LW is running as an UP, downloading a few magnets and uploading an average of 50KB/s. The new LW's don't seem to hamper my internet browsing, etc at all now I've throttled it to 90KB/s

ps--forgot to say thanks for adding those other extensions to the default list, and to ask that the quit button become a close window button like Safari and other OSX apps.

pps what is a "WebMedia Spider Arachnid 3.3 (GnucDNA 0.9.2.6)" Ultrapeer I see connected? I can't browse it to find out if it's a leech.

Last edited by stief; October 15th, 2003 at 08:29 PM.