View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2004
Novicius

Barynz is flying high

Perhaps l have misunderstood the discussion? I found l could after installing the programs necessary connect to LimeWire.
The next time l started the computer it was dead. No amount of patients and clicking 'Connect' achieved anything.
I altered firewall settings and went through all the suggested technicalities to no avail.
If l uninstalled LimeWire and all associated programmes - repaired registries and loaded old settings (WinXP), l could re-install and gain access but again next time there was no connecting to LimeWire. I did this four times.
I then went to "Network Connections" in the Control Panel
Copied a ShortCut of the "Dial Up Connection" to the Desktop
I now connect to the Internet through this Shortcut and once connected l open LimeWire.= Connection.
If l have anyother internet programs open or, open any other programs ie Outlook then, l again have problems.
I also 'Sign Out' and close down 'Windows Messenger'.
Please accept my apologies should l have missed the point, l tried just about everything to make it work and thought l would share a find that somehow or other has helped me. I trust l have not interupted a "flow" here...................Regards Barynz