Thread: LimeWire 3.9.10
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2004
LimeWire is International

verdyp is flying high
Default Re: 3.9.12 grabbing CPU

Quote:
Originally posted by Matamoros
After running 3.9.12 ~30 hours, it has started grabbing >95% CPU time after running ~60 seconds. This is AFTER shared files have been scanned, AFTER the connections have been established.

I have backed down to earlier versions, even rebooted, yet it now occurs with 3.9.12 every time I run it. It isn't at all obvious what it can be because it isn't caused by any user interaction, but if I had to GUESS, I'd wonder if it didn have something to do with the regular out-of-memory messages I have been getting.
Such message won't be very helpful if you don't specify your system settings (use the "generate error" menu option to list all relevant information).

I have run this version since several days without such problems (on Windows XP, with both Java 1.4.1-04 and 1.5.0-Beta1).

Also it would be helpful to know if this occurs while the GUI is displayed or when it is running in the system tray or iconified.
If this occurs with the GUI displayed, which panel is active?

If this is caused by a file recently downloaded, it would be helpful to determine which (We have seen some occurences of MP3 files that caused such behavior in previous betas, but it's possible that there exists similar problems, caused by some strange ID3v2 tag formats which may let the code allocate excessive buffers for parsing it.)