View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2004
Gnutella Veteran

ElllisD is flying high
Default Worked before- Not anymore!

Well, I had to reinstall xp (again), and this time, I get teh "Unsuitable Java Enironment" error. I looked in the registry, and didn't see exactly the folders verdyp said I would. After \JavaSoft, the names weren't the same as what was posted here. So I had already uninstalled Java 1.5.0, and decided to delete everything past \JavaSoft & do a clean install. Now I have "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\ Java2D\1.5.0\Drivers\.DISPLAY1 ATI Technologies Inc. RAGE 128 PRO AGP 4X TMDS\32 " Bold is what has been replaced since the install.
When I installed Java, and LW, for that matter, I install to a different partition. Programs are on my E drive, and the C drive partition only has Windows stuff on it. So all I do when I install something, is change the first character on the install path to e, and let the rest of the path remain default.
I don't understand why this happens. The last time I re-installed xp, I put the J2re 1.5.0 in before I installed LW, and everything was fine. The only difference was that I'd installed the LW 394 beta, rather than the 404 first.
Come to think about it now, I may have installed JRE 1.4.2 just after installing 1.5.0- but I think for some reason I thought LW was running on 1.5.0 rather than on 1.4.2. I remember being happy that I got LW to run on 1.5.0, but I don't remember what led me to believe it was. Now I wonder if LW had actually latched onto 1.4.2 afterall....
All this is making my brain a pretzel. Please someone help me make sense of this.