View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2004
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH trap-jaw4 ON THIS....RELEASE THE SPECS, OR BE FORCED TO MAKE UP YOUR OWN POND (OF FILTH) TO SWIM IN...
+1

-A (working?) DHT system like NEOnet would be a definite + in gnutella for finding more sources by hash.

-I've already banned Morpheus from my compiled version of LW.

Here is how, however only for advanced users. (once you got the modules lib, core and gui from limewire.org with wincvs).

To block uploads:

go in the core folder and open the .java file in a text editor (here are the directories): core/com/limegroup/gnutella/uploader/httpuploader.java
add after the line:
(str.indexOf("Morpheus") != -1) ||
add the following:
(str.indexOf("morp") != -1) ||
save and proceed to the next step below (or you can compile right away if you are running as a leaf on gnutella).

To block leaves and UP connections as an UP:

(when you are running as an UP, this make Morpheus a harder time to connect and leech from other Limewire since they can't search us)
go in the core folder and open the .java file in a text editor (here are the directories): core/com/limegroup/gnutella/connectionmanager.java
add after the line:
if(userAgent.startsWith("Morpheus")) return false;
add the following:
(str.indexOf("morp") != -1) ||
There are two instances of if(userAgent.startsWith("Morpheus")) return false; one for UP and one for leaves so you have to past the line twice.
save and compile the core module.

Hope this was helpful to at least someone, or at least that it ****** off Morph users. I know they want my files, but they can't!

Ciao

Last edited by et voilà; August 5th, 2004 at 06:36 PM.