|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Chat - Open Topics - The Lounge A place to chat about anything as long as it abides by the forum rules.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Thanks for the links to reporting this behaviour. I can't believe that in this day and age this sort behaviour is actually occuring in the world.
I use LW and I have some questions:
I like to know how to block all this material from the searches. I mean I have the block adult content on; it still gets through. I type in key words....and still it gets through. It's annoying, frustrating, and it saddens me that somewhere there is a child in need of help.
Why can't LW just have music only instead of vid's and pics.
Add those suggested here to your keyword filter: Direct instructions to eliminate porn from results. This is a start & you may even think of others. Also see Movie download issues & learn to use bitzi look up when searching for videos. ie: How to use Bitzi Web Lookup
This message is in response to Ms. Kimberly of the NCMEC, who posted (or was quoted) above.
I am relieved and gladdened to see somebody on the "inside" add to this discussion. As to your "additional questions," I am a bit puzzled by number four. I would like to know how somebody reporting this stuff could download and view it and avoid any type of culpability themselves. I don't think I need to tell you that many times these files are downloaded accidentally by people that have no desire or intention whatsoever to view this type of material. Forcing them to watch and "describe" it rings of entrapment to me.
Also, I would be curious to find out more information about the prosecution and tracking of child pornography files via P2P. A cursory glance of the posts in this and other threads will reveal many people that have accidentally downloaded a file of this nature and are now in fear of their freedom and lives. I have a friend that works for my state's district court, and his response to this issue is that significant cause must be shown to the court by the authorities to investigate anyone on these types of charges, and somebody that has accidentally downloaded this material--and has subsequently deleted it and beyond--has nothing to worry about should the authorities confiscate their machine (a foregone conclusion). There are several steps in which people investigate the facts, and they must determine that there is enough evidence to proceed in order for them to do so.
What are your (or anyone's) thoughts?
yes ..i do so called what they call search the browser and ..wow how this this stuff can happen its be yond me but then a gain how can 1000"s of ppl come across the border that shouldn'nt be there AND CARRYING ALOT OF THE MEMORY CARDS THAT COME FROM CAMERAS..AND THE drugs but thats a different thread...STAND UP AND BE COUNTED
Just seen this
If you were in the security forces, then you would know how to track an Ip Address, the first thing I learned in the Armed Forces is how to do that,
You would also know that all connections in the UK go through 2 computers, which is constantly monitered for security reasons (won't tell you where, you should know)
You should also be aware that you can browse the person your getting your film from you can get their Ip address, then you can track them back, to where they are.
One other thing, You should also know that your ISP can retrace every move you made on the Internet, every site, IP address, exct
Now If you were in the security forces you should know this
By the way 5220.25M, is a pile of rubbish, all it does really is gets rid of the stuff out of the recycle bin, and deletes the top of the file (It is not meant to secure the hard drive)
And as you should also know No file that has been deleted can not be recovered, even using Military software, we were told to open the hard drives, take out the disks, and burn them, or destroy them anyway possible
hello there.i'm new to LW and have just come across whats obviously child porn.I actually done a search within the forum for 'porn' to see what if anything is being said/done about it.It has reassured me,if only slightly,that angelfish got a reply from those people.Whoever is doing this obviously relishes it and if you're reading this you sicko WHEN you go to prison, take my word for it,you'll be experiencing a great deal of physical pain.
Can I just say, Ive meat some of these people, and they are NOT sick, they are simply evil... no I'm not a God botherer, but when you have had honset conversation as I have (don't ask) with people like this, it becomes obvious that they weren't in the original plan.
Pedo discussion...let's cool down a little...
OK...I''ve read all 30 odd posts about the "pedo" search on LW/FW, etc...all I can say is take it easy.
Pedophilia is difficult to understand, and abhorrent to most people in the world (jokes about Greek families nonwithstanding). But, as with all true "addictions", this is a case where the brain, etc., has taken over from concious choice. These people are truly not in control of their conciousness. And rather than vilifying them (because villification will only make them harder to find), we should be (a) neutralizing their efforts, by vigilantly pursuing those who try to promulgate their stuff on P2P networks, and (b) isolating them in controlled environments so we can begin to understand just what could make some people want to do this.
Also, this whole subject of underage sex is a very slippery topic (no pun intended). Sure, it's easy to single out the perv next door who's taking digital snaps of your 5-year-old daughter's privates in the bathroom, but what about the art photographer taking sensitive nudes? What about the traditional naked baby on the rug shots? And what about teenage sex? If I have a 17-year-old son having sex with his 15-year-old girlfriend, does/should that sex become illegal when he turns 18? (I don't think so, but I'm f*c*ing POSITIVE that some jerk is gonna reply to me, quoting god and megadeath that such acts are REPREHENSIBLE to the REAL god.) And what about the age of consent? In IL it's 18; in other states it's 16; in the Netherlands it's 14. Who's right?
I urge you to keep up the good fight to keep kid porn off P2P networks. And I also urge you to have compassion for the people who are controlled by their desires for such stuff. And don't give me that free-will BS...people who desire this stuff DON'T have a free will anymore. I'll take that to the bank.
At Last Some Sanity
Kudos to Mike for the above post. Not only was it well said, but well thought out to boot.
I agree that pedophiles do not have a "choice" in the matter. What is true in most cases is that these people have been sexually abused as children. The massive phsychological damage that results from these experiences very often evolves into a taste for pornography involving children, which in its own twisted way perpetuates the results of the abuse. Those pedophiles that act on their impulses and abuse children then cause those children to become pedophiles, and on and on.
While I'm by no means defending pedophilia or child pornography, I think it's important to keep things like this in mind. Yes, it most definitely is sick, but in a way it's also sad.
In reference to "taking it easy," all I can say is that a large number of people that use LW to download legit porn have, at least once, come across something questionable with regard to age. Some examples I've seen are clearly NOT of age, and some are close enough to legal to give one pause. Regardless, most people the come across the stuff freak out, thinking that in five minutes the FBI will be knocking at their door. The worst part about is that there does not seem to be much good information out there about what should be done when this happens. Another problem is that a lot of porn now is of the homemade (or "amateur") variety, and the age of these people, regardless of what the filename may say, is very likely impossible to verify (for either us or the authorities). What about that stuff? Should a file claiming that it's of somebody 17 years old be taken literally? When does prudence give way to paranoia?
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/chat-open-topics-lounge/49030-pedophillia-warning.html
|Metacrawler - Die Metasuchmaschine.||This thread||Refback||December 13th, 2011 12:06 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Warning||Unregistered||Open Discussion topics||4||November 16th, 2007 01:59 AM|
|Warning||Patches||General Gnutella / Gnutella Network Discussion||2||November 8th, 2005 08:10 AM|
|Warning To All||zeus||General Mac Support||0||February 25th, 2002 06:55 AM|
|Warning!||Busted||Rants||2||December 4th, 2001 10:05 PM|
|Warning||Unregistered||Open Discussion topics||2||November 20th, 2001 01:47 PM|