|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire program connecting to the Gnutella network.
(not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)
Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
What should I do? Can't connect using Optimum Online!
I read everyones problems with limewire on optimum online, and I am also having the same problem.. except, some people can change to a random port and connect. I have tried many many different ports and it still wont connect (yes this is a new problem, it happened the other night when my internet went down for about 3 hours, it came back up and i could no longer use limewire).
anyway, i'm kind of running out of options as it's really frustrating not to be able to download stuff through p2p. sadly.
so has anyone come up with another way to work around this besides changing it to a random port?
and if not, what is a good reliable internet service providor for me to switch to? because i can't stick with oo if i cant use limewire.
Got an email saying there was a reply.. anyway, its not here and I dont know why.. but.. from my email..
Here is the message that has just been posted:
Can you give us a total description of your set up:
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) windows xp home edition
2. What firewalls you have? windows firewall i guess.. nothin third party
3. How much ram? 1 gb
4. Hard Disk space available? 64.4 gb
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) optimum online
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? d-link router.. not sure what model
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? home
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. 4.10.9 (lw) and 1.5.0_06 java
9. Who is your isp provider (Internet Service Provider)? optimum online
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. just another personal computer..
11. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. brand new problem, ive used limewire in the past
12. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue globe icon at the bottom of the LW interface? yes
13. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? it says it worked
I put up my answers in bold.
Actually it was me who replied but decided to delete my answer which yes, was asking those questions. I hadn't read your topic or thread properly. Sorry about that!
Do you have UPnP enabled on your D-link? If changing the listening port doesn't work, then perhaps manual port forwarding will do the trick. You probably hate the sound of that. Eg: try port 64049 & instructions for your model can be found here http://portforward.com/routers.htm
Normally you need to reboot the d-link when doing these types of changes so all the new settings are not only saved but are forced into operation.
Another option is using a proxy but that can be hard work to find one that works. I've heard Tor is a good proxy. A Fix for those whose ISP's block Limewire pages 1 - 3 which have links to alternative instructions.
Ok, I followed the guide on portforward.com exactly for my model, but when i run http://www3.limewire.com:64049 instead of http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ it times out.. yet, it says it works for 6346 and i never even forwarded that port. that is really weird.
I didn't reboot my router after forwarding the port because I couldn't figure out how.
Thanks for your help so far though.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Its Optimum Online ......||chris7469||Connection Problems||2||April 21st, 2006 02:25 PM|
|I Need Major Help; Optimum Online||boobiebunny||Connection Problems||4||April 11th, 2006 03:45 PM|
|MY ongoing conversation with Optimum Online||bulldog123||Connection Problems||13||April 8th, 2006 01:52 PM|
|one bar only...optimum online||stealth878||Connection Problems||9||April 6th, 2006 03:54 PM|
|So is it Limewire or Optimum Online?||5serious||Connection Problems||5||April 5th, 2006 04:51 PM|