|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire program connecting to the Gnutella network.
(not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)
Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Limewire loads but nothing happens when I click anything
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I hope there's someone who can help me.
When I open Limewire on my PC it opens and loads but nothing I click on will open (i.e, if I click to connect nothing happens, if I try to close the tips window nothing happens). I really don't know whats going on. I have sone a virus scan, spyware scan, everything I can think of. It was working perfectly just two days ago.
Thanks for any advice or help.
Windows XP ver 5.1 sp2
I read what you suggested but I cannot open tools in Limeware. As I mentioned nothing happens when I click on anything. This happened to me the first part of this week but I waited a couple of days and it fixed itself or either I did something I did not know would fix it.
I did go to tools (in Internet browser)> internet options and added limewire to not block pop-ups but as mentioned I have not had problems like this until this week.
I think I'll restart my computer and see if that helps.
I appreciate any help some can give me.
Follow steps 1, 2, 3 & 5 here Fixes for Limewire; ie: use the add/remove control panel to remove all previous java versions & then reinstall it using the "Offline" Java installer which is about a 16 MB downld.
Thanks for your help LOTR. I'm a newbie so I ask that you be patient with my lack of knowledge in this area . I looked in my programs and listed are the Java programs I have installed.
J2SE Development Kit 5.0 Update 2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4
Java 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition v1.3.1_02
Java 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition v1.4.0_01
Java Web Start
If I remove all of these Java programs, what effect will it have on my PC? I know other applications use Java. Also, what do you mean by "offline Java installer"? Where do I turn on show hidden folders?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Windows XP, SP2
PS. I upgraded to 4.12.6 on 9-18-2006 and until now had been very pleased with the outcome. I also updated my firewall and antivirus recently but set them to allow limewire. I had used LW sucessfully after my virus and firewall update. Somehow nothing I click on in LW does anything now.
Hi, i'm also new on this forum and cannot get anything to happen once i open limewire. It has been working great up until now.
I have uninstalled and installed limewire 4.12.6 and the same with Java, I even figured out to download offline as online/reccomended didnt work. I have checked my firewall settings and as mentioned above the pop up settings. aaaaagh its driving me nuts trying to get it connected. My connection bars have only one green and four red at the bottom of the page, if thats a clue to anyone out there that can offer some advise.
Thanks to anyone who helps me keep my sanity and pc in one piece!!!!
Well after reading lots of information here. This is what I tried and it did work. Thanks LOTR.
I added Port 6349 to my McAfee Personal Firewall for both UDP and TCP. I then restarted my PC and was able to go again. I initially had planned to also add the 4226 patch but my anti-virus said there is a "potentially unknown problem" with the Tool EVid file. After much research on that I decided I might add it later if I have problems.
I'll keep searching the forum for any additional tips. Thanks to all who helped.
BTW you don't need all those Java versions. I'd remove all, then reinstall Java 1.5
By "Offline" installer I meant you download the installer which has all the data inside it so you're not installing the java over the internet which is what an online installer does. The offline instaler is about 16 MB in size. The reason for this is because installation problems can occur over the internet when information doesn't reach your computer in good time or there's some kind of data loss. Which would end up with a corrupt installation. An offline installation is much safer. When you go to the Java site, you will see an option for offline. Java 1.5 (take the JRE) which is about 4rth on the list. ie: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 8
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My Limewire loads then disappears!||Demystikal||Windows||4||July 31st, 2006 09:07 PM|
|ARGGG Limewire loads AOL! HELP!||Vast||General Windows Support||3||July 12th, 2006 04:08 AM|
|limewire loads by itself||MiStA_ MeNaCe||Open Discussion topics||3||February 12th, 2006 04:42 AM|
|slow down loads from supersonic down loads and it cost me 35.00$||speedluckyflyboy||Connection Problems||0||September 11th, 2005 11:12 AM|
|LimeWire all White when Loads||neoplasmax||General Windows Support||3||September 8th, 2005 10:47 AM|