|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire program connecting to the Gnutella network.
(not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)
Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
If LW 4 Will Not Connect
The advice in this thread is intended for people using LW 4 only. If you're having a connection problem with LW5, please click on the link below
If LW 5 Will Not Connect
If LW 4 will not connect, here's what to try first.
CHECK YOUR FIREWALL
Connection fix (Windows users)
Connection fix (Mac OS X)
DISABLE PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
PURGE DOWNLOAD QUEUE
DELETE/REPLACE gnutella.net FILE
If deleting/replacing the gnutella.net file doesn't help, you might need to update the version of Java that you're using.
* Before deleting LW's preferences folder, please read post # 5 of this thread (click on link): Fixes for Limewire when LW isn't operating as it should
If neither replacing the gnutella.net file or updating Java helps, you may need to delete LW's preferences folder. Sometimes the preferences become corrupted & in that case, deleting the old folder can help. A new folder is created the next time you start LW.
If you're sure that you've done everything correctly, but LW still won't connect...use the forum search. Looking through older threads might help you to solve your own problem. lf you need more help, post with your details. Maybe your connection problem has something to do with your software firewall, your ISP, an internal firewall within your modem/router, or the place you're trying to connect from. But we'll never know unless we have details about your setup!!
Click on this link & you'll see the details that we need.
System details - help us to help you -> Provide these details when you post!!!(click on link)
When you post with your details, please tell us what fixes you've already tried.
Read this sticky before posting, it has a lot of helpful info.
Connections Problems? Look here BEFORE posting!
Do not disable file-sharing, do not 'freeload', if nobody were sharing files, you know of course there would be no files to download. If you are a part of the file-sharing community, then share your part and be a respected member of the file-sharing community. Do you never return what you borrow from your friends? Do you never return your partner's kisses and attention? File-sharing can even be a passion!
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; December 6th, 2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Replaced LW Clone installer link. Removed Hotfile links.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connection-problems/78124-if-lw-4-will-not-connect.html
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||4 Weeks Ago 09:09 PM|
|gnutella fix||This thread||Refback||August 24th, 2014 04:23 PM|
|cabos connectfix||This thread||Refback||June 17th, 2014 09:47 PM|
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||May 2nd, 2014 01:38 AM|
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||January 23rd, 2014 03:18 PM|
|how to fix lime wire connection problem||This thread||Refback||August 29th, 2013 11:39 AM|
|How to fix Limewire connecting problem in 2013||This thread||Refback||July 31st, 2013 01:03 PM|
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||July 28th, 2013 06:26 PM|
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||May 9th, 2013 03:53 PM|
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||April 21st, 2013 02:23 AM|
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||April 9th, 2013 11:53 AM|
|How to fix Limewire connecting problem in 2013 - YouTube||This thread||Refback||January 18th, 2013 04:32 PM|
|Lw Utv - Download||This thread||Refback||December 20th, 2012 09:39 AM|
|How to fix Limewire connecting problem in 2012 - YouTube||This thread||Refback||December 3rd, 2012 08:23 AM|
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||October 19th, 2012 11:02 AM|
|Downloading - LW basic 4 14 6 exe||This thread||Refback||October 18th, 2012 12:57 AM|
|lime wire connection fix download - Szukaj - WP.PL||This thread||Refback||October 3rd, 2012 12:40 AM|
|How to fix Limewire connecting problem in 2012- YouTube||This thread||Refback||September 4th, 2012 06:55 PM|
|Downloading - gnutella net||This thread||Refback||September 2nd, 2012 08:28 AM|
|Downloading - LW basic 4 16 7 exe||This thread||Refback||August 31st, 2012 04:13 AM|
|How to fix Limewire connecting problem in 2012 - YouTube||This thread||Refback||June 21st, 2012 03:41 AM|
|Mustang Forum - Mustang World - Problem with limewire||This thread||Refback||October 23rd, 2011 08:59 AM|
|LimeWire PRO 4 16 2 [Clean & Tested] - hmj (download torrent) - TPB||This thread||Refback||February 21st, 2011 08:46 AM|
|YouTube - LimeWire Connection problem !!!HELP!!!||This thread||Refback||September 7th, 2010 02:36 PM|
|DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Limewire with WRT54GL problem||This thread||Refback||August 26th, 2010 12:07 PM|
|YouTube - ‪LimeWire Connection problem !!!HELP!!!‬‎||This thread||Refback||August 6th, 2010 07:11 PM|