|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire program connecting to the Gnutella network.
(not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)
Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
LimeWire Pirate Edition not connecting?
Recently LimeWire Pirate Edition (LPE) for several people has had problems connecting. I believe LPE uses a bootstrap server to help LPE users connect in a similar way to how the LimeWire company had bootstrap servers for 4.18 and 5 to connect. And everyone knows what happened when the LimeWire company shut down their bootstrap servers in late 2010.
It is my guess either the LPE bootstrap server is no longer functioning or is over-loaded. Anybody's guess. Possibly under some kind of attack. (That is if one was being used.)
It is still possible to connect with LPE if you obtain a fresh gnutella.net file. If If LW 5 Will Not Connect does not work for you, then I have created a temporary fix. Once you get connected again, your connection problems will be solved for the near future.
Fresh Gnutella.net file for connecting
gnutella.net file, 2012 or Mirror 1 or Mirror 2. Download and put into your LimeWire preferences folder:
Instructions on how to replace the gnutella.net file:
Mac OSX . and . Windows users see the 'REPLACE gnutella.net FILE' section of If LW 5 Will Not Connect
Installers to do the work for you?
Mac OSX: MacOSX Gnutella Connect Fix, 2012 Unzip and double-click the program installer. Or alternative links: here and here or here.
Windows: Windows Gnutella Connect Fix, 2012 or alternative links: here and here and here.
Note: These are not self-updating installers like the ones I created last year.
Do not disable file-sharing, do not 'freeload', if nobody were sharing files, you know of course there would be no files to download. If you are a part of the file-sharing community, then share your part and be a respected member of the file-sharing community. Do you never return what you borrow from your friends? Do you never return your partner's kisses and attention? File-sharing can even be a passion!
Just replaced gnutella.net, Windows 7.
A hint: there's a faster way to get to the Application Data directory.
Click on the start button, and type %APPDATA% in the textbox.
An Explorer window opens on the Application Data dir.
Click on the Start button > type %appdata% into the text field > ok. You should now see a lot of folders - find the one named LimeWire ... that is your preferences folder.
The gnutella.net file is situated in that folder. The folder itself is not called preferences, simply LimeWire.
The appdata\roaming is where preferences for most of your programs will be stored. Doubtful any of them will have the word preferences suffixed at the end of their title.
C:\Documents and Settings\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\Limewire
Ohh okay. Thanks. I just did everything and it still isn't connecting. I didn't use your gnutella.net file links because the first one requires registration and the second one is broken. Can you confirm if this one is accurate?
FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Replacement of gnutella.net file for Frostwire 4
The link is about 15 or so lines down. It's in big blue type. Can't miss it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Yeah same process. Either would probably be fine. I update mine every couple of weeks or more plus all static hosts. Depending on whether you are using FrostWire or LW there are connection installers to install the gnutella file anyway.
Which gnutella link was dead? There was a mishap a couple days ago and I had to re-upload everything and change the links on the forum. I may have missed a couple of links to update. Oh, nvm you mean the one in the first post above. Updated as of now and added a 3rd alternative.
oops .. I checked that gnutella connection file out from the FrostWire site forum and it has 26 hosts from known spam companies. And that was just a quick check.
I know because they are using port 27016 which is only used by certain spam companies. I also saw a few other host addresses which looked suspicious.
And just like that, I'm back in business You sir truly are The Lord of the Rings. The LimeSlice Rings LW has went defunct for me sometime in the summer. You mentioned you update your gnutella file every few weeks. Is there a reason for this? Does gnutella go haywire every so often. I've been using LWPE since late 2010 & it just went lights out on me this year. Does constantly updating the gnutella file help keep LW consistently faster?
P.S Are you a Linux Guru?
Good to hear.
If you have not used any LW 5 version for 30 days it will delete the connection file. However you can get File_Girl71's LW-Fix2 to prevent this from happening.
You should not need to continually update the connection file. Not unless your connection file somehow gets full of part-time/casual users or users with highly dynamic addresses or spam hosts lol.
The gnutella file I provide: I have left the gnutella file as is for 3 to 5 months at a time. But some of these hosts on the list stop using the network. And with lots of people using the connection files, obtaining fresh data is helpful. Even with static hosts the list can begin to show signs of not being as effective. I added a lot to the list 6 weeks or so ago, but I think some of my choices were a little hasty so I've been slowly adding what I believe are reliable hosts. For example, those who connect for several days at a time during the week, and not those whom might only connect on the weekend or be possibly only trying the network out for a short time. I also try to choose hosts I do not believe are in any way related to spammers or hostile hosts. So in short, I try to be very selective. Finding static hosts is not in itself easy.
Edit: off-topic: I fixed a small bug in the OSX connectionfix installers that had existed since September when I added the launch FrostWire button on the last menu. Unlike LW, the FW devs set FW to use an old method for identifying its application on OSX (and my scripting to handle this approach had an error though it worked.)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connection-problems/99807-limewire-pirate-edition-not-connecting.html
|Limewire Pirate Edition Connection Fix 2012 | Best Freeware Blog||This thread||Refback||April 17th, 2013 09:58 AM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Connection Fix 2013||This thread||Refback||April 3rd, 2013 03:27 PM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Connection Fix 2012 Mac||This thread||Refback||March 17th, 2013 03:51 PM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Connection||This thread||Refback||February 17th, 2013 11:38 PM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Won't Connect 2012 Mac||This thread||Refback||January 15th, 2013 05:54 PM|
|(1) 5earch - lpe connect fix Results||This thread||Refback||January 10th, 2013 12:16 PM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Won't Connect 2012||This thread||Refback||January 2nd, 2013 03:33 AM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Connection Fix 2012||This thread||Refback||December 12th, 2012 08:32 PM|
|LimeWire Pirate Edition: Guide d'utilisation de l'Alternative LimeWire||This thread||Refback||December 11th, 2012 12:57 PM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Connection Fix November 2012||This thread||Refback||November 26th, 2012 05:18 PM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Mac Connection Fix||This thread||Refback||November 4th, 2012 01:58 PM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition Connection Fix||This thread||Refback||November 1st, 2012 11:16 AM|
|Limewire Pirate Edition||This thread||Refback||October 20th, 2012 11:46 PM|
|RSS FEED: LimeWire Pirate Edition: Guide to Using the LimeWire Alternative||This thread||Refback||October 20th, 2012 08:39 PM|
|Disqus Comments||This thread||Refback||August 16th, 2012 02:44 AM|
|LimeWire Pirate Edition – ZeroSecurity News||This thread||Pingback||March 16th, 2012 09:03 PM|
|LimeWire Pirate Edition: Guide to Using the LimeWire Alternative | Best Seedbox||This thread||Pingback||March 16th, 2012 02:49 PM|
|LimeWire Pirate Edition: Guide to Using the LimeWire Alternative||This thread||Refback||March 16th, 2012 12:20 PM|