|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network. |
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Just wanted to let you know I sent you a personal message with some instructions on what you have to do. If need further help please contact me using the contact information on my website and I will setup a window to test with you.
Lee Evans, President
I may be one of those guilty of posting a thread in the wrong place and of asking questions about things covered in the FAQ, so I was wondering if you have tips for best places to post to get knowledgeable answers, and if there's any news on acces to the FAQ. I'm using the latest OSX version of limewire, and the FAQ hasn't been accessible since I was first on a couple months ago. I've posted a thread regarding issues with sharing files in the OSX forum as well, and relisted it in the upload/download forum because I, and what I can see of others with the same problem, have gotten very few responses. Those that have been posted are all prefaced by "I'm not an expert, but. . ." I've tried the solutions offered anyway. None of them has worked. The sharing thing only became a problem with the upgrade . . . Anyway, if you have any tips regarding any of this, they would be appreciated.
4 million files distributed
Just a quick response to the last post. I'm not sure if I can help you with your situation in fact I hope that by now you've found a solution to your problem.
For thos interested LeeWare development has passed the 4 million mark for files distributed via a P2P network. For more information please visit http://www.leeware.com/news.html
We hope that you will join us in our distribution of non-infringing content.
Lee Evans, President
I'm using a linksys router and have taken your advice to FORCE the IP address using Limewire. I know the IP address of my router, but when I search for items that I know I'm sharing, I do not see my IP in the list. Do I need to do something else?
Can't Return Results to Self
I don't believe that you can return results for yourself. Meaning that the files you are sharing do not show up in your own search results.
There are two possible options to determine if your sharing is working correctly.
1 - create a uniquely named file for example CHK - 000-000-000
post a reply to this thread when this is done and I'll see if I can download it.
2 - leave your machine on for a while I recommend more that 4 hours and check your statistics under the library tab upload column [completed/attempted] uploads.
hope this helps.
Lee Evans, President
hey, i just tried doing everything LeeWare said about increasing download speed. But, I am trying to download a 101,902KB file and it is only downloading at 0KB/sec. Says it will take 300+ hours to download. I am running a Mac with OSX and I have a cable connection. I am new to this so I don't know what else to do.
Home Work or School?
You haven't indicated where you are trying to download from. If it is from work or school there may be policies in play to stop P2P file sharing. If it is from home are you sure your ISP allows it? Have you tried downloading different files? Like txt or pdf?
Lee Evans, President
I am connecting from home and the only types of files I have tried so far are mp3, .sit, and .dmg. My ISP doesn't have anything that I know of that would prohibit p2p types of things. I have had successful downloads, it is just that sometimes they are incredibly slow. I can check with the ISP to see what the deal is, but I had been avoiding that cause of the chance that it could get me in to trouble. I will also try dowloading some pdf files to see if that has any difference.
There's one of two possibilities 1) the source you are downloading your files from are located on slow connections or are overloaded. Your download speed is pretty much determined by the person you are downloading from. You should try to download a file with many sources. You also haven't talked about your connection speed. What is your Upload/Download?
2) Goto a site that gives free bandwidth tests and test your bandwidth. The test results will appear in Kbps this is normal for communications, file sharing programs use KB so 5KB is 40kbps perhaps the person you are downloading from is using a modem or is serving multiple users.
Lee Evans, President
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|re: Maximizing upload/download Success||dawgawn||Download/Upload Problems||5||December 30th, 2008 07:51 AM|
|Maximizing upload/download Success LimeWire||LeeWare||Open Discussion topics||10||May 26th, 2008 08:10 PM|
|maximizing my upload||Tamarindra||Download/Upload Problems||9||May 28th, 2007 10:30 AM|
|LIMEWIRE V4.8.1 Download Success Tips : WORKING!||dyingtolive||Download/Upload Problems||3||September 1st, 2005 06:43 AM|
|Limewire Maximizing problem thing||Apoca1ypse||General Windows Support||0||August 13th, 2005 01:58 PM|