|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network. |
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Ok, first let me just say that I've read this whole thread and been back and forth between it and Limewire for a couple of hours. At the risk of being told that I'm too stupid to use it, and should get AOL, I need to ask for some more basic advice.
Second, I've gotta' say, Lee, you're one one the nicest guys I've ever encountered online. I realize you're promoting a business, but still...good on ya'.
I've been using Limewire for a couple of years. I've never taken much notice of it's workings because it never gave me cause. It uploads, it downloads, no problem. I have a modem, so I just use it to get what I really want, and my old PIII 450 has no protection, not even Norton. Never had a problem.
Now I've got this other computer here, belonging to some totally computer illiterate folk, and a brand new cable connection. The cable guy was still fussing around while I was installing Limewire. They have all kinds of crap clogging up the tray- anti virus and spyware protection- all of which I've disabled.
It downloads at blazing speed. But it won't upload. Lots of hits, but no uploads.
I know it's not normal- I imported my shared files and people are all over those in five minutes on my computer, like a feeding frenzy. I can see the searches coming in, looking for what I have, but it still says, "0 active, 0 queued". This matters to me because I share things I want to disseminate- Chomsky, Zinn, etc.
I don't know what kind of firewall the computer has, nor how to find out- I'm totally ignorant about such things, because, as I said, I have neglected all protection for my computer.
I tried to follow the advice in the very first thread, but didn't get very far:
So, if someone could just help me with that first, we'll see where that gets me.
Thanks for the kind words. I assume that when you say you've imported your shared folder, you did this with the computer you are saying will not upload?
Also, there is a difference between incoming searched / hits and actual uploads. Therefore, if when you imported your content you started seeing searches come in that simply means that the ultrapeers are routing traffic to your machine which might result in a hit for the person issuing the query.
If you are getting hits but no uploads it could mean that no one is actually looking to download the content you are sharing. I have over 400 files on close to 10 servers . I return thousands of hits for only a few hundred uploads.
Lee Evans, President
I imported my shared file from my computer, where it is constantly being downloaded from, to this one, where it has not been downloaded from.
However, one person has gotten through now.
And I just figured out how to disengage the firewall, so we'll see if that helps. Do you think there's any serious danger in this? It's not my computer, and I don't want to screw it up.
Also, in the firewall section it said that my IP is the same as what the website said.
I could still use a brief explanation of these statements:
Glad Everything worked out for you
Lee Evans, President
Lee Evans, President
A pretty fair share of the music I've downloaded -mostly newer stuff- sounds over saturated and distorted. Much like the original recording levels were set too high.
Try downloading edited...no copywritted materials are discussed, and you'll hear what I mean.
Last edited by Peerless; May 14th, 2004 at 05:22 PM.
Lee Evans, President
Last edited by Peerless; May 14th, 2004 at 05:23 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|re: Maximizing upload/download Success||dawgawn||Download/Upload Problems||5||December 30th, 2008 07:51 AM|
|Maximizing upload/download Success LimeWire||LeeWare||Open Discussion topics||10||May 26th, 2008 08:10 PM|
|maximizing my upload||Tamarindra||Download/Upload Problems||9||May 28th, 2007 10:30 AM|
|LIMEWIRE V4.8.1 Download Success Tips : WORKING!||dyingtolive||Download/Upload Problems||3||September 1st, 2005 06:43 AM|
|Limewire Maximizing problem thing||Apoca1ypse||General Windows Support||0||August 13th, 2005 01:58 PM|