|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network. |
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Nope, I don't have your answer ... I haven't spent much time perusing the finer points of this version, nor can I assist in programming or debugging it, as my programming degrees are not in this language. That version does have a Bug Reports feature, which I'm sure you're more familiar with than I ... I have mine set to "Always Send Immediately."
I notice under Tools/Statistics there is an Advanced Statistics option; would it be helpful for me to log those and send them to a developer? I guess not, as they don't suggest doing that.
Cheers to Canada! I have a couple of good Canadian friends!
easy peerless! At last we have an OSX guy who understands code (even if other languages) and forums--please! There are too many faggy artsies like me and not enough coders around! He likes sarcasm and irony too--what more could we ask for?
Hmmm--PFS is a good thing, no? I'm interested in your bandwidth verification--does it identify the bloody problems with ISP use of 6346 port controls? I wish someone could develop an app/ procedure that could reliably report gnutella connectivity. I have to use port 20300 to get around the CISCO NBAR software that filters uploads, thanks to the opensourcers who generously take time to help here. Sam Berlin is the developer who helps out with the advanced stats, so I try to sneak a few questions to him about the stats when I suspect they show an anomaly.
Thanks for your comment on the kCGErrorFailure--it helps to know it's not usual.
So. As far as I'm concerned, we're all equal here now. Please pacify peerless--we need all the cooperation for gnutella we can get.
EDITED; SORRY steif; this response was to The Troll."
I was afk for a few minutes, and I came back to your oh-so-nice and helpful response. Thanks, troll.
I did not check the board, but you came off as an arrogant mod, when really you are an arrogrant troll, so I stand corrected.
All mods and people that contribute to a message board "work" for nothing.
I think you need to take a course in reading comprehension. ¹
You chose to assume things about me that you had no business assuming.
You didn't know I share 600 files.
You didn't know I leave my computer on all night to share files.
You didn't know it was my first night with this new version, and that I was unfamiliar with that new feature that wasn't in my older version.
You jump to your own conclusions about why I might not want to share a file that is only 3% done!
I choose not to share every file on my hard drive, so in your eyes, I suppose that makes me greedy.
I said I am sharing it once it is complete, not that that is any of your concern. Why shouldn't I share files all night (or all day while I am working?) My computer is on all the time anyway. I guess 600 files isn't enough for you. Do you jump to conclusions like this about everyone? Never mind; I don't want to hear your answer.
But, since you are a troll, go ahead and throw your last two cents in and have the last word.
It will make you feel much better.
¹ (and spelling ... "efficiently")
Last edited by hmmm; September 13th, 2003 at 10:03 PM.
LOL--I've been told. Sorry for jumping in, peerless, and sweet dreams princess. (You did have to be a girl and ruin that line for me, didn't you!)
Seriously--do come back. It's been good fun.
Peerless you dunderhead!
2 degrees in programming? The last I checked, accredited Universities and real schools have degrees in CIS (Computer and Information Sciences). Maybe you got your "degrees" from IT&T? hmmm???
talk about a set up of posts...games are definitely afoot in this forum...enjoy them while you can, as your days are numbered
This wasn't meant to be a game, and I'm not familiar with the people on these forums, nor who that "guest" person is who posted above me, who is obviously really a regular ...
I found Peerless to be very obnoxious in another thread to another newbie, and I've elected to stay off these boards unless I have a question.
Steif I would like to get to know better; he seems very nice.
My degrees are "real" degrees, from Auburn University (where I got a double-major) and from New York University, so I'm sorry to disappoint you.
Again, these were real questions I had about the new features of Limewire that I didn't understand. I understand them better now. As I said, it was my first night with that new version, and I am not a peer-to-peer expert, so I was confused by what was going on with sharing the incomplete files. I am more clear on it now.
Sorry if you felt like some sort of "game" was going on here; there was no game; I was trying to get my questions answered without having some person who apparently thinks he owns the board be rude to me.
Thought this thread was dead, but might be fun keeping it going. It's been pretty quiet around here lately, what with all the international Korporate activity going on.
Let's see--KathW--are you calling me a "Right Ho!?" [insert smile of feigned outrage]. If you like, I prefer "brat"
Seriously, for the record, this thread ended on page 1. As a mod, do you have access to the posts before they were edited? As all the "LOL's" show,there was more "banter" than "battle." IMHO, Peerless was quite restrained and amused, even when provoked rather spunkily by hmmm going back and editing her posts, and using me to make it SEEM he was bad. She even allowed him the last word.
I was amused, not offended, by Sam's reference to coffee, so no need to scold him: I assumed he'd caught my reference to having enjoyed some wine that night, and was suitably reminded that these forums are to help others with gnutella issues and not chat rooms. Fair enough.
So, as far as I am aware, the thread didn't get out of hand, wasn't a battle, and hmmm's question was answered appropriately. So there's no problem. If more needs to be done, just get hmmm to apologize to Peerless, recognize the validity of his defense of PFS, and all will be well.
(may I call you Queenie? I'll get the wine)
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Incomplete Files Folder||ThePointIsNotTo||Download/Upload Problems||0||May 20th, 2005 04:11 PM|
|P2P Network and uploading incomplete files||Trynty||Open Discussion topics||3||January 19th, 2005 01:30 AM|
|Uploading Incomplete files||nam||Download/Upload Problems||1||January 17th, 2004 09:55 AM|
|Allow intelligent uploading of incomplete files||Unregistered||New Feature Requests||5||April 12th, 2002 12:55 AM|
|what happens to the files in the incomplete folder ???||Unregistered||Download/Upload Problems||1||March 18th, 2002 07:47 PM|